The holiday season, Thanksgiving right through New Years, is a great time of year, not only to celebrate family and friends, but with all the holiday gatherings, it’s the longest networking event of the year. All you need are some guidelines to make it successful for you.
As I have said for over 30 years, networking is all about creating and cultivating new relationships and solidifying established relationships to where people know you well, value what you say, and care about you. When this happens, you not only have a strong personal and business connection, you have a client for life that will continue to be an ongoing source of referrals
- No Business During a Party. Most would say, What! This is not only the 1st step to making this be successful but it’s probably the toughest to do.
- Be Thankful For the Relationships You Have. The two most magic words to someone, especially when not expecting to hear it, are “Thank You”. Your Thank You is not for anything specific, it’s for just being there for you and for all they do for you as a friend and as a client. Starting with a heartfelt Thank you, sets the tone of your interaction with them.
- Get to know people by letting them talk, the more they talk, the better you will get to know them and the closer they will feel to you because you simply let them talk, and when they do, most likely they talk about their favorite subject, themselves. This actually gives you everything you need to do business with them at another time, but not now.
- Ask questions about them and truly show your interest. While you ask questions about them also mix in some questions that will lead them to answers you with why they would need to work with you. Attorneys call this “Guided Discovery” asking questions that give you the answers you want. This is going to set the ground work for the next step
- When they ask, “So what is it that you do?” Simply tell them and quickly follow up with, “But we’re at a party and I’m enjoying our conversation. We can talk about that at another time, I’ll give you a call this week.
- As in everything we do, the fortune is in the follow up. Now you have gotten to know them, gained their trust, and they care about what you say because they asked you. This is now your opportunity to utilize everything they have spoken about and show them how you can help and be of value to them.
In the Philadelphia area? I invite you to The Ultimate Holiday Networking Event Live at Stella Rossa, Philadelphia, Pa. Tuesday December 3rd 2013, 6pm. Here you will meet top business leaders and decision makers from all around the Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Delaware area. This is where you can put your networking skills to work and build a solid business network with true professionals that can help build your business. Just for reading this blog, use promo code: BTUN and get an additional $5 discount. Go To http://UltimateNetworkingEvent.Eventbrite.com to register.
To see a short video clip go to http://youtu.be/7ZJABAaKCOw
Now you can Network to build your Net Wealth.
Yours in Success,
Thomas Camarda is a professional networker and speaks at networking events and seminars nationally. Thomas offers Networking training, both one-on-one or for your Networking Group.
Article Reprinting Instructions
Adding Content to Your Website or Publication is easy!
PLEASE NOTE: All articles and networking tips in this BLOG are written by Thomas Camarda. All reprints in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, e Zines, on the Internet or on your own Website MUST receive the full written and expressed permission by Thomas Camarda. If you would like to request permission to “REPRINT” an article please email Thomas@TheUltimateNetworkingEvent.com with “REPRINT” in the subject line. Please specify which article from “Becoming The Ultimate Networker” you wish to reprint and where you will be reprinting it. If you reprint on a website, please include the URL and the date the reprint will appear. If you reprint in print media, please request the address you will sent the publication to.
CONDITIONS: Once you have obtained permission, articles may be reprinted with the copyright notice, bio and links added at the end of each article as follows:
Copyright © 2012 – Thomas Camarda. Reprinted with permission. This article is adapted from “Becoming The Ultimate Networker” at http://BecomingTheUltimateNetworker.wordpress.com Thomas Camarda is a professional networker and speaks at networking events and seminars nationally. Thomas offers networking coaching, both one-on-one or for your Networking Group. Invite Thomas Camarda to speak to your group. Contact: Thomas Camarda Thomas@TheUltimateNetworkingEvent.com 732-744-4719
Add Thomas Camarda to your Social Media :
Twitter : http://www.Twitter.com/thomascamarda
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/thomascamarda